The price of gold rose. During one week the price of precious metal meaningfully increased in the world market. According to recent data, the price of an ounce of gold is worth $ 1272, whereas for example, on March 2, it cost $ 1225 .
According to “Business Insider“, the central banks cannot afford the sufficient amount of gold storage.
The World Gold Council reported that central banks added 336.2 tons of gold on their reserves in the second half of 2015.
“Economical and political risks still remain high. The price of oil drops, in the Middle East conflict takes place, China is experiencing economic downturn. This is a short list of current factors. The official sectoral institutions recognize the need of diversify their reserve portfolio “- it is stated in the World Gold Council report.
According to statistics of the Council, “Business Insider” provides top 10 countries having the largest gold reserves throughout the world.
1. US – 8133.5 tonnes of gold
2. Germany – 3381.0 tonnes of gold
3. Italy – 2451.8 tonnes of gold
4. France – 2435.6 tonnes of gold
5. China – 1762.3 tonnes of gold
6. Russia – 1392.9 tonnes of gold
7. Switzerland – 1040.0 tonnes of gold
8. Japan – 765.2 tons of gold
9. The Netherlands – 612.5 tons of gold
10. India – 557.7 tonnes of gold