On December 17, 2018 the Fourth Official Ceremony of the Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards was held at the Rustaveli Theatre, where 23 BEST companies among different nominations were named.
- CONCEPT ACCOMMODATION AWARD – Quadrum Ski & Yoga Resort;
- THE BEST WELLNESS & SPA RESORT AWARD – Crowne Plaza Borjomi;
- THE BEST MOUNTAIN ACCOMMODATION AWARD- Borjomi Likani;
- THE BEST SEA ACCOMMODATION AWARD – Sheraton Batumi Hotel;
- THE BEST VALUE – LOW BUDGET ACCOMMODATION – Hostel Pushkin 10;
- THE BEST VALUE– STANDARD ACCOMMODATION – Ramada Encore Tbilisi;
- THE BEST VALUE – PREMIUM ACCOMMODATION – Radisson Blu Iveria Tbilisi;
- THE BEST FESTIVAL OR EVENT AWARD – Tbilisi Open Air;
- THE BEST MICE TOURISM AWARD – Calypso Travel & Event;
- THE BEST WINE TOURISM AWARD- Château Mukhrani;
- THE BEST E-TOURISM AWARD – Travel Guide App;
- THE BEST TRADITIONAL GEORGIAN RESTAURANT AWARD- ETHNO TSISKVILI;
- THE BEST HOTEL OF INTERNATIONAL CHAIN IN GEORGIA AWARD – Tbilisi Marriott Hotel;
- CONCEPT CAFÉ/RESTAURANT AWARD- Barbarestan;
- THE BEST INCOMING TOUR OPERATOR AWARD – Caucasus Travel;
- THE BEST COMMUNITY BASED TOURISM AWARD- Nazy’s Guest House;
- THE BEST ADVENTURE TOURISM AWARD – Altihut 3.014
- THE FASTEST GROWING COMPANY OF THE YEAR IN THE SME SEGMENT AWARD – Wehost;
- ICREATE – THE MOST SUCCESSFUL GEORGIAN BRAND IN THE TOURISM INDUSTRY AWARD – Lopota Lake Resort & Spa;
- THE BEST WOMAN ENTREPRENEUR IN THE TOURISM INDUSTRY AWARD – Tinatini Dugashvili.
- AWARD FOR CONTRIBUTION TO TOURISM DEVELOPMENT GNTA on behalf of
Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia – Giorgi Tavadze, GMT President;
- THE BEST TOURISTIC START UP on behalf of PARTNERSHIP FUND – Wehost;
- THE BEST YOUNG WINERY AWARD – Baia’s Wine.
The Official Award Ceremony hosted more than 800 guests: Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia – Giorgi Kobulia; Head of Georgian National Tourism Administration – Giorgi Chogovadze; Deputy Mayor of Tbilisi – Ilia Eloshvili, Acting Deputy Executive Director of “Partnership Fund”– Giorgi Danelia;all nominees and Project partners; government sector, private business, international and local media.
Award Ceremony was opened by Minister of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia – Giorgi Kobulia. He spoke about the importance of tourism industry for Georgia’s economy, latest achievements of the field and significance of the project. Minister of Economy awarded – Giorgi Tavadze, President of GMT Group, for his contribution to tourism development.
Founder of the Award project Maryna Chayka also welcomed and thanked guests, partners and nominees for participation in the Award Project and noted projects contribution in Georgian tourism industry and its’ global aims.
350 different companies representing tourism and hospitality market from all over Georgia including hotels, travel agencies, festivals and events, restaurants, cafes, wineries were honorably holding the status of Nominee of Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards 2018. Each nominee was assessed in accordance with internationally recognized methodology by the Professional Jury Board, consisted of experts of international and local travel, culture and hospitality markets, who were separated according to categories depending on the kind of their main professional activity. As the guarantee of fairness and transparency of the Awards Project Independent Auditor “BDO Georgia” monitored all the processes, calculated the results and based on the points awarded to each Nominee determined the finalists and the winners in each nomination.
The main mission of the Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards is to encourage tourism and hospitality industry in Georgia and to promote the awareness of the high-achieving tourism business and brands that create a positive image of the country worldwide.
For the fourth year already Georgian National Tourism Administration on behalf of Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia is Co-organizer of the Award Project. Official Supporters Tbilisi City Hall, Partnership Fund; Co-organizer – Bank of Georgia. General Sponsor – Alliance Group. Sparkling Partner – Swarovski. Sponsors: Rustaveli Theatre; Event Space ‘’Republic’’;Altido; Tbilisi Business Hub;Audio Guide Georgia; Zigie;Beko; Julius Meinl; Vesta; Ardi;Sarajishvili; Vistoria Security; Elements Group; UPS;Domson’s Engineering; Gagra Plus; Giffer;Tbilvino;Budget; Sakurami; Lasha Jokhadze Fashion House;Vineria;Inglot;Arch Trade; Euro Product.Hotel Partners: Grove Design Hotel; Amante Narikala; Gallery Palace;LM Club Hotel; King Gorgasali hotel.