World-leading satellite operator SES organized an event for partners and media – “5th Spring in Georgia”- dedicated to the 5-years successful operations on local telecommunication market.
The event was held in “Museum Café” and more than 50 guests from leading media, communication companies and other business representatives attended the celebration. Event started with official speeches that were followed by entertainment program and networking.
The event was opened with the official speeches delivered by SES and MagtiCom high-officials:
- Håkan Sjödin, Vice President Sales Nordic, Baltic and Eastern Europe at SES
- Nikoloz Davitashvili, Chief Commercial Officer at MagtiCom.
Mr. Sjödin has made a brief overview of the company, it’s main drivers, achievements and future plans.
Major notes from the speech of SES representative, Mr. Hakan Sjödin:
- SES owns 65 satellites covering 99% of the globe and world population
- SES is serving over 700 telcos, broadcasters, enterprises, governments and institutions in over 130 countries worldwide
- SES has 7,317 TV channels, from which 2,434 are HD and 34 are UHD
- SES is number 1 DTH platform provider with 156 million TV households reached
- SES continues to drive forward the development of HDR (High Dynamic Range), as part of Ultra HD phase 2
- UHD TV market is rapidly changing and according to the forecast UHD will account for 42% of global TV sales in 2018
- Globally, the total number of UHD Channels carried via satellite will surpass 1,000 by 2025 as major sports events will be used by operators to drive uptake of the enhanced viewing experience
- UHD Awareness in Georgia: global trend of UHD development is also seen in Georgia.
If in 2015 18% of Georgian population were aware of UHD but didn’t have UHD screen and 8% were aware of it and also owning the screen, in 2016 there is a vivid growth in both categories of population. Already 22 % of population are aware of UHD screen and 15% are already owners of this type of screens. (Source: Satellite monitor YE’16, GfK)