The concert of TSU Art and Conservatoire Orchestra was held on the 100th anniversary of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University. “Synthesis of symphonic genres and electronic music” is a joint project implemented by TSU Art and Conservatory Student Orchestra. The concert was attended by students, professors and representatives of universities from more than 50 countries around the world.
The first-ever national university in the Caucasus was opened in 1918 laying the foundation for a European-type higher school in Georgia, based on Georgian educational traditions.
The main founder of the university was a Georgian historian and academic, Ivane Javakhishvili, alongside several scientists including Giorgi Akhvlediani, Shalva Nutsubidze, Dimitri Uznadze, and Grigol Tsereteli.
The university has five branches in the region of Georgia which include six faculties – including law, economics and business, humanities, medicine, and social and political sciences – 60 scientific-research laboratories and centres, a scientific library, seven museums and a publishing house.
With no central campus, the university buildings are spread over the city. The oldest building is where the administration of the university is seated, while the Pantheon of Tbilisi State University is one of the university’s most important cultural and historical places.
The university is affiliated with foreign scientific and educational centres, which include the University of Saarland in Germany, Brunel University in the United Kingdom as well the Association of European Universities, UNESCO, and the Council of Europe.