From October 1, the use of polyethylene bags, import and production is prohibited in Georgia.
According to the Criminal Procedural Code of Administrative Offenses, 500 GEL shall be fined by confiscation of the relevant product. In case of repeat, 1000 GEL, the confiscation of the relevant product in this case too.
Rules of Procedure to be banned on the territory of Georgia:
- Production, import and sale of oxidative plastic pools;
- Production / import / sale of plastic bags of less than 15 micron (0,015 mm) from October 1;
- From April 1, 2019, production, import and sale of plastic bags of any thickness.
The following compulsory information should be indicated on the plastic park:
- Plastic park manufacturer;
- The thickness of the plastic park;
- The composition of the plastic park.
Biodegradable and compost parks should include the following mandatory information:
Inscription – biodegradable and composting park;
Producing biodegradable and composting park;
Composition of biodegradable and composting park.