Georgian National Film Center has set up a special commission to select a Georgian film for OSCAR nomination. ON July 24 National Film Center started accepting applications.
The process ended on August 3. Only 6 applications submitted have satisfied the requirements of National Film Academy of America and Georgian National Film Center.
The Film Center representatives told BM.GE that the following 6 Georgian films will compete to obtain the status of candidate Georgian film for OSCAR:
1. Khibula – director Giorgi Ovashvili.
2. Name – director Zaza Khalvashi.
3. Horizon – director Tinatin Kajrishvili
4. Dede – director Mariam Khachvani.
5. Ekvtime the Man of God – director Nikoloz Khomasuridze.
6. Hamlet – Giorgi Megrelishvili
„Several weeks ago American Film Academy applied to us to select the 2018 candidate film for OSCAR nomination – the best foreign-language film. Close demonstration of films will be held for the commission members on August 30 and 31. The winner film will be named on August 31. The special commission consists of 9 members”, the Film Center representatives told BM.GE