Caucasus Business Week Digital seeks an exceptional news reporter to join its team in Tbilisi.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious, well-rounded, journalist who can comfortably and efficiently juggle multiple editorial tasks in a breaking-news environment and also expertly handle deeply reported enterprise pieces, features and interviews. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is hungry to break news, eager to jump on the day’s biggest talkers, able to pitch and report stories that are original, sharp and distinct.
The ability to write focused, muscular stories on tight deadline is a must, along with the ability to write long form stories with voice and style. Fluency in SEO, social-media and basic analytics is required.
Job Duties :
- Generate original story ideas and develop fresh angles and bounce pieces for the big stories of the day
- Take the lead on enterprise reporting, from interviewing sources to reporting in the field
- Cultivate sources and contacts on stories and areas of expertise
- Maintain an active presence on social media and regularly share and distribute news and information
- Strong ability to write news and feature stories
- Proven experience gathering and analyzing information about newsworthy events
- Ability to evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
- Fluent in SEO/WordPress and frequent presence on social media
Applications should be sent to: [email protected] and they should consist of:
** Updated CV
** Motivation Letter
Application deadline: 27 September 2017, 23:00.