Cars in general are vehicles designed to get you from point A to point B. Since the times of Henry Ford and his popularization of the T-model, cars have become an indispensable mean of transportation. Today, however, 107 years from Fordism and introduction of the first affordable automobile, cars have become a little more than just industrial goods serving their function. With cars like Lamb0rghini, Bugatti and Maybach, cars have become objects of inaccessible luxury. We present to you the 10 most expensive cars of 2015, indulge:
10. Hennessey Venom F5 Named after the Fujita scale’s maximum tornado alert for winds of 261 to 318mph – F5 – this Texas-built Venom has been toned to reach borderline sub-sonic speeds. The price of this beautiful creature is $1500000; with V8 engine and Horsepower (rpm) of 1400, 0-60 time is almost 2.5 seconds and Top Speed is 290 mph.
9. Pagani Huayra which means “God of the winds,” is Italian mid-engine developed by Mercedes-AMG especially for the Huayra. It comes with a 6.0 liter, V12 twin-turbo charged engine that produces 720 horsepower. It can reach from 0 to 60 mph in 3.0 seconds, possibly reaching a top speed of 224 mph. The estimated price is $1,300,000.
8. McLaren P1 we love the way caranddrive describes this one: “The P1 is a superhero among supercars: supermodel shapely, heroically powerful, stratospherically expensive, and—here’s the one drawback—unavailable.” The technology amazes: There’s a 3.8-liter 727-hp V-8 paired with a 177-hp electric motor, hydro-pneumatic suspension, electro-hydraulically assisted steering, and even a rear wing that extends almost 12 inches. Production of the P1 is limited to just 375 .the price is $1,350,000.
7. Maybach Landaulet Oh and the price? Ultimately confirmed at $1,380,000. But who would pay for that? Well “The Landaulet is for a superrich individual who wants something that is extremely extraordinary and enjoys being driven in a car with acres of sky above them.” Hans-Dieter Mulhaupt, the VP in charge of the Maybach program stated. The cargoes from 0-60 mph in 5.2 seconds and it has a lovely convertible roof that fully opens at the rear.
The Agera R goes from 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds, reaching a maximum speed of 260 mph (418 km/h). And Revention reaches 60 mph in 3.3 seconds from 0, to go with a top speed of 211 mph (339 km/h).
The Agera R – a name that means “take action” in Swedish. As per Reventon, specifications of the car have taken their base from the Murciélago LP640, a classic supercar, and improved on its characteristics and designs. Its manufacturer made only 20 pieces of this car that sold at 1 million euro each (tax free). They both cost $1,600,000 now.
5. Zenvo ST1 with the cost of $1,225,000. The main difference between the new Zenvo ST1 and the current model has been the installation of a new transmission. It’s known as the fastest single clutch transmission in the world, able to reach 60 mph in 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 233 mph (375 km/h).
4. Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster and Aston Martin One-77 Preceding the Zonda Cinque coupe, just five units of the Cinque Roadster were ever produced and now #3 is up for sale – courtesy of Megastar Motors, in the heart of where else, but – Dubai. The dealership is no stranger to offering some of the planet’s most expensive cars and this Cinque Roadster is certainly up there with the best of them. In case you need reminding, the Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster’s 7.3-litre naturally-aspirated V12 engine pumps out a brutal 669 hp and thanks to new bodywork and aerodynamic elements, the Italian supercar creates 750 kg of down force at 355 km/h.
Moving on to Aston Martin One-77, personally my favorite car. How I define it is the wild beauty queen with 7.3 liter V12 engine under the crown of it. It’s limited to 77 units. With 750 hp, it is able to go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds with a maximum speed of 220 mph (354 km/h).
They both cost $1,850,000
3. Bugatti Veyron Super Sports costs $2,400,000. This is no longer the most expensive street legal production car available on the market today (the base Veyron costs $1,700,000). Capable of reaching 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds.
2. Lykan Hypersport is a mystifying car. The design as well as the interface of the supercar is most exclusive. It is one of the expensive cars and comes with embeddable diamonds as additional options. It costs $3,400,000 and The Dubai-based company W Motors is planning to make seven of these. It takes you from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds with an estimated top speed of 245 mph.
1. Lamborghini Veneno ar $4,500,000! It’s a car which leaves you speechless. Get you from 0 to 60 mph in a swift 2.8 seconds allowing you to hit a top speed of 221 mph? Only three cars are being made available every year