Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards is an Annual National Award Ceremony in the field of tourism in Georgia whose main mission is to encourage tourism and hospitality industry in Georgia and to promote the awareness of the country worldwide.
The Awards Ceremony is an opportunity to bring together national and local authorities, hotels, restaurants, tour operators, travel agencies, wine companies and more. It is a kind of Oscars for Georgian tourism and travel industries and a celebration of Georgian heritage, culture, traditions and modern achievements.
The First Awards Ceremony was held at Funicular Restaurants Complex on 20th of November 2015. Organizers have already started preparation for the Second Awards Ceremony which will hold at the end of the November. And since 15th June till 1st September Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards invites all companies around the Georgia working in the tourism industry to register and become a Nominee of the Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards 2016 (For Registration visit a web-site:
www.awards-tourism.com) in 18 separate categories:
- Best Business Event Venue Award
- Best Mice Tourism Award
- Best Tourism Restaurants Services Award
- Best Tourism Winery Award
- Best Boutique Accommodation Award
- Best Standard Accommodation Award
- Best Deluxe Accommodation Award
- Best Wellness & Spa Resort Award
- Best Ski Accommodation Award
- Best Sea Accommodation Award
- Best Low Budget Accommodation Award
- Best Tourism Innovation Of The Year Award
- Best Entertainment Venue Tourism Award
- Best Festival Or Event Award
- Best Incoming Tour Operator Award
- Best Outbound Tour Operator Award
- Best Adventure Tourism Award
- Best Travel Photographer
After a registration each nominate will receive access of their online cabinet, where they should answer the questions and upload important documents, on the basis of which will be made an assessment by the professional jury. Each member of the jury will evaluate the nominees individually after 19th September. In addition, from September 1st an online voting will start on the Awards official web page. The chance of winning Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards is equal for each candidate.
The Independent Auditor of the Award BDO Georgia will calculate the number of points awarded to each nominee (points awarded by the Jury Expert Board plus the number of votes from the online voting) and will determine the finalists and the winner in each nomination. Be recognized as the best in the tourism industry.