CBW had an Interview with Nino Zarkua, PR Manager of Kvareli Eden Hotel, where she described a field where she is building her career and explained how important it is to have a great working space for making company and business sustainable.
– What are you by profession?
-I have graduated from Georgian Technical University, faculty of public relations (BA degree). About a year ago I finished PR school at Georgian-American University.
– Your first job place.
– My career started at Aldagi Insurance company, as an assistant to account manager.
– Current job and position.
– Currently I am a PR manager for Kvareli Eden Hotel. This is a refined, beautiful and diverse resort. I am positively tuned here and this stimulates my working mood.
– Business, project that you are proud of.
– I believe «the Honorable Project» is yet to come, however I think the most successful marketing campaigns are multi-platform campaigns with one idea at the center.
– Field where you would never work.
– I would never work in bank and finance sectors.
– What makes a person successful in your field? Besides knowledge, what special features are required?
– I believe a valuable use of knowledge of PR functions and instruments leads to success. PR specialist should be creative, with logic thought, capable of listening and resolving several problems simultaneously. I think it is also very important to permanently read print media to stay informed about the ongoing developments. PR is a communication, even more so in the field, where I work. “If you are not knowledgeable on what is going on today, how do you advise clients or companies on what to do tomorrow?”
– Is it possible in Georgia today to study PR very well or international knowledge and experience is required anyway?
– I believe a person can study everywhere if he/she genuinely wants this. Naturally, international knowledge and experience is very good. It would be better if students could get more practice at various organizations during their university studies.
– Is PR perceived and understood in its classic nature in Georgia?
– Valuable perception is simplified more compared to previous years.
I am building a career in public relations and believe that all of the fields work closely together—that the end marketing in its best theory incorporates everything. If you think about what marketing is today, it is the ability to take a corporate message or a product and expose it to the people who are most important—whether it’s to sell something, or to influence the reputation of something.
– How easily can you settle emergency situations and take decisions? Do similar cases worsen quality of working process?
– Fortunately, I have not faced many crisis situations. I try to do business jointly with my colleagues to avoid similar situations. At the same time, I can simply tackle all problems if any.
– Interesting episode from your life (business) that has changed your life.
– I have an interesting period in my life now and this period is related to Kvareli Eden.
– If not this profession, where would you work?
– I would be a psychologist.
– What are strong features of you, as a businesswoman?
– Being a successful businesswoman really comes down to personality. I’ve always been fiercely independent, confident and determined to succeed.
– What does your employer company give you? What makes your job interesting for you?
– Today it is much pleasure to work by profession, when you get happy to go and spend the whole day at the office. I am happy to work at Kvareli Eden that is always oriented on development and innovations. And I think having a great office makes your company revenue and your business sustainable.
– What makes major discomfort in the working process?
-Currently there are no factors that would make discomfort in my working process. I work in excellent environment. In general, I cannot stand noisy atmosphere.
– Where do you see yourself after 20 years?
– After 20 years I would like to be more successful in my field than today.