In 2016 unemployment index declined by 0.2% compared to 2015 and constituted 11.8%, Forbes Georgia reports.
According to Geostat, national statistics service of Georgia, in 2016 unemployment index dropped to the lowest indicator over the past 13 years.
According to Geostat, there are 11 state-owned companies among Georgia’s 20 major employer companies.
Georgia’s business sector’s 10 major employers are as follows:
- Georgian Post
- JSC Energo-Pro Georgia
- LLC TbilService Group
- LLC Tbilisi Transport Company
- LLC Aversi-Pharma
- LLC Georgian Manganese
- JSC Georgian Railway’
- JSC Evex medication corporation
- LLC Geo Hospital
- LLC United Water Supply Company
Top 10 Employers in non-entrepreneurial field:
- JSC TBC Bank
- LEPL Security Police Department
- LEPL Ilia State University
- LEPL Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- LLC Credo Microfinance organization (JSC Credo Bank since March 2017)
- LEPL Emergency Management Agency
- JSC Liberty Bank
- LEPL Tbilisi State Medical University; LEPL Georgian Technical University
- JSC Bank of Georgia
According to Geostat, number of employees in state sector declined by 12 675 persons to 262 000 ones. State sector’s ratio in total number of employees accounts for 14.9%.