Home / Business / In 2016, Georgia’s Advertising Market Fell by 20-30%

In 2016, Georgia’s Advertising Market Fell by 20-30%

According to advertising companies, 60% of advertising go on TV, the rest – on  radio, print media, and the Internet. This year’s market reduction  has  led to the closure of the advertising companies.

According to the director of “TV International” GiorgiSulakauri, due to the current economic situation in the country, all the major advertisers have cut their costs by 15-20%, and if the situation does not change, the market will not improve.

“60% of the advertising market falls on TV, the remaining 40%  – on  other types of media. The amount of advertising fell by 20% compared with last year. If in November and December nothing changes in this regard, the advertising business will complete 2016 with current figures, “he said.

According to him, the advertising market has  survived thanks to emergence of a large number of fast loan companies, which are now very active.

A founder of the advertising company “33” Nata Korakhashvili also notes that compared with 2014 and 2015 the so-called BTL-advertising market fell  by 20-30%.

“This is a direction that represents an  indirect advertising – that is, various promotions, presentations, etc. A recent analysis of the results of the last period in 2016 showed that activity in this sector decreased by 20-30%, “- she says.