Home / 2016 / February / 16 (page 2)

Daily Archives: February 16, 2016

NATO Says Azerbaijan – Reliable, Consistent Contributor to Joint Activities

NATO Says Azerbaijan - Reliable, Consistent Contributor to Joint Activities

Azerbaijan is a reliable, consistent contributor to joint activities, NATO Secretary General’s Special Representative for the South Caucasus and Central Asia James Appathurai told reporters in Baku Feb.16. NATO supports the OSCE Minsk Group’s efforts in resolving the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Appathurai further said. “We are not directly involved in …

Read More »

Mikheil Chkuaseli: Gambling Business is out of My Interest Area

Mikheil Chkuaseli

Caucasus Business Week had a blitz interview with CEO of Geoplant, owner of Georgian brand of Tea Gurieli. I AM A MACROECONOMIST by education. I FOUND MY FIRST JOB AS A WORKER. I remember I was a first-year student at the evening full-times studies. I used to work in the daytime …

Read More »

Georgia-Iran, Whats Next ?

Visa requirements for Iranian citizens are administrative entry restrictions imposed on citizens of Iran by the authorities of other states. According to the Visa Restrictions Index, holders of an Iranian passport can visit 37 countries visa-free or with visa on arrival including Georgia. Meanwhile after sanction removal, Iran has become a new business market …

Read More »

Visa Appoints new Country Manager for its Operations in Georgia

Visa, a global leader in payments, today announced the appointment of Dmytro Krepak as Country Manager for Ukraine, Georgia and Armenia. He was previously country manager for Ukraine, and now assumes overall responsibility for a reorganized cluster within Visa’s CIS and South-East European business. “By joining Georgia and Armenia together …

Read More »

Three Iranian Airlines to Enter Georgian Market

TAV Georgia, operator company of both Tbilisi and Batumi International Airports, is holding negotiations with three of the largest Iranian Airline companies Mahan Air, ATA Airlines and Qeshm Airlines. This information is provided by TAV Georgia itself. According to the company, ATA Airlines has a plan to come back to …

Read More »

Online Loans Must Be Banned!

Online loans must be banned! – a major part of the surveyed respondents provided this answer to the question: How should be online loans regulated? Public discontent towards the online credit organizations grows along with rising online credit borrowings. Experts stress that the Georgian government should regulate this field in …

Read More »

International Company to Launch Operation in Georgia’s Tourism Sector

Tez Tour

The famous international travel company of TEZ TOUR is interested in developing the tourists’ delivery direction in Georgia. A kickoff meeting with the company management was held at the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia. Georgian Economy Minister Dimitri Qumsishvili and TEZ Tour managing director Dimitri Charitidis talked …

Read More »

Finance Minister: We Expect GEL Exchange Rate to See Serious Upturn

Nodar Khaduri

We expect the Georgian national currency will see serious upturn in the midterm period, Georgian Finance Minister Nodar Khaduri noted in his interview with the Rezonansi newspaper. The situation is getting stabilized in the neighboring countries and this factor will foster the GEL exchange rate enhancement, Khaduri said. „I would …

Read More »

Greek Businessmen to Establish Greek-Georgian Shipping Company

Deputy Foreign Minister of Georgia David Jalaghania has met with George Karass and Panagos Lemoss, co-owners of LPL Shipping S.A. and Alcon Holding Inc, Greek shipping and transportation companies. Ioseb Nanobashvili, Georgia’s extraordinary and plenipotentiary ambassador to Greece has also attended the meeting. The Greek businessmen plan to set up …

Read More »

Turkcell Submitted Application on Stake Acquisition in Geocell


Turkey’s biggest mobile operator Turkcell made application to Fintur Holdings on stake acquisition in TeliaSonera, Bloomberg reported. Turkcell, owning now 41.45% of Fintur, which operates in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Georgia and Moldova, plans to buy the rest 58.55% in TeliaSonera as it is keen to expand activity in the mentioned markets. …

Read More »